Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The French Quarter the week before Halloween

Linda finally got a day off so we took the afternoon and explored the French Quarter.





The famous Cafe Du Monde where everyone ends up at sometime.
This is a real statue.  There are a number of fake statues so you have to be careful before you pinch one--you never know.

Are you ready for Mardi Gras?

An Orleanian will use any excuse to dress up and party and the week before Halloween is a perfect excuse..



Chris Owens is a stripper in the Quarter.  She was a stripper when I was 19, newly married and living in the Quarter.  That was 49 years ago! And she is still stripping!  She must be nearing 80--or better.

Bourbon Street.   It is still dirty, stinky, noisy and full of tacky shops--Nothing has changed in 50 years.

This guy is amazing.  He did not move for the longest time.  What kind of training would it take to be able to do this?  My body hurts if I sit in the same position in a chair for more than 10 minutes. If I drive for an hour I groan like I'm dying when I climb out of the RV.  Okay...I'll stop complaining.

Jackson Square with good ol' Andy Jackson. Yep, that's a real statue.

and these are real artists.
Linda and Jamie Riviere --a real couple!

No comments:

Post a Comment