Sunday, September 15, 2013

Harve & Gretchen

For all the Larson family in Minnesota.....
Several weeks ago I stopped in Greeley and spent the afternoon with cousins, Harve and Gretchen.

We reminisced about Roger, Dick Westgard, family in Minnesota and skiing in Vail so many years ago.
  

Gretchen has been recovering from a challenging illness but she is feeling much better now and seemed her ever-cheerful self.

I called them again two nights ago when the flood situation in that area seemed to be getting worse.  Harve informed me that they seemed to be above the worst of it and even their basement was staying dry.  

I had to take a picture of these beautiful flowers outside the restaurant as we said goodbye.


And just before leaving town, Sigh Me spotted some really big birds....

It was still a week before the rains started when I headed up into Thompson Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment