Sunday, December 11, 2011

I'm a Whole Foods Groupie!!

While in Winter Haven June and I drove over to Orlando to see Amy's sister, Shannon (above in the cap. Her helper is Lennie).  Shannon works for Whole Foods and we discovered that WF does something really fun--a program called "Health Starts Here".  http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/healthstartshere/

Several times a month Shannon does a cooking demonstration showing how to prepare healthy foods using fresh, low-fat ingredients.  Above is helper, Sam, who is pouring us all a glass of wine to go with our appetizers.  This demo was to emphasize that all those greasy, high-calorie foods we consume while watching our favorite football teams beat the sox off everyone else (go Saints! go Tigers!) can be tasty and healthy, too.

Above we have artichoke and Kalamata olive tapenade; shrimp, pepper & pineapple on endive; and Texas caviar.  We also had a chocolate mousse but I ate it too fast to photograph.

And here are the people who came for the demo and to taste.  It was a fun group, lots of sharing of info, easy to follow recipes and--folks--It's FREE! Did I mention that I love Whole Foods.  Check out the store where you live and see if they are doing the same program. I think I'll look for more demos as I travel north.

Thanks, Shannon!  You did a great job!

So the next meal I fixed was fresh green beans with onions and Tasso, crab cake with cornflake crumbs  and lots of lime, and a crispy tossed salad.  That looked pretty healthy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment