Yesterday was an uneventful drive up into the mountains of Arizona close to the New Mexico border. At 7000' near Datil I found a national park with a campground and decided to spend a night 'roughing it'. That meant No electricity--but I have a 12 V system; and no water--but my water tank is full. I was so smug in my comfy little nest and fell quickly asleep listening to the wind rustling the pine trees overhead.
Two alarms and a flashing blue light woke me with a start at 2AM. What in the world......? I knew the CO2 alarm made no sense because all the windows were open. I was hardly going to die from carbon monoxide fumes. Why were the alarms going off? I tried the lights--nothing! And boy was it dark!
I finally found the flashlight and quickly turned off the 12V system to stop the noise. When I read the gauge I discovered the batteries were dead! That meant a warming refrigerator and spoiling food. And no light until morning when I could drive enough to charge the batteries.
Lesson learned--This simple life has some complications to it.