Friday, June 22, 2012

Farewell to Washington DC

  
So it is the end of my visit and I saw 11 of the 19 museums plus the National Archives, Arlington Cemetery, the Botanical Gardens, the National Arboretum  and umpteen monuments.  Not bad, I'd say. And the whole two weeks were very very inexpensive.
The National Archives were the most thrilling--and of course no cameras were allowed.  But I saw The One and Only Original Constitution of the United States, The Declaration of Independence, the Charters of Independence, and the Bill of Rights.
What a wonderful legacy we have on display in the smallest of areas--on the mall--in Washington DC.


One last picture of the Washington Monument.

There was one more monument that I came across that puzzled me...

I never knew of the Grand Army of the Republic.  

This monument was for the Union Army from the Civil War.

 And finally, I had not seen a demonstrator in all my time on the Mall until the last day--and there he was (sort of).

It was raining so he (or she) was 'under wraps' or I would have asked for a pose.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment