Saturday, February 11, 2012

For Amy's Grandmother, June

While I was in the Virgin Islands, June offered to take care of Sigh Me, and the RV,  for me.  After a week of being 'spoiled rotten' this was the reception Sigh Me gave me when I returned...

First she would not come out of the closet to see me when I arrived at the apartment.  Then she refused to look at me.
And she shocked me when she growled at me and actually even 'snapped' at my hand.

So I fed her and scratched her tummy and now we are friends again.  It really is pretty easy to 'speak cat'.

As a 'thank you' I took June to Sarasota to see the Ringling Museum.  We spent two days in a very nice little RV park and one whole day exploring the Museum.

June tried walking the tightrope but decided that wasn't her calling.

Bareback riding was more her speed.

We explored Ringling's private car that he lived in on the road.

There was lots of wood and lovely stained glass windows but I thought it was very basic in design after touring his house.


It was almost 'RV Living'.  Although he did have a little more room.

I think my kitchen is better.

"All Aboard!"

Once again, I encourage anyone who comes to this area to check out the Ringling legacy.  It is an amazing experience.

June liked sitting on his back porch.

And this is where he docked his yachts.  And yes, that is Italian marble. By the way, he had a total of 5 yachts but all 5 sunk! I wonder at his skill at hiring captains.  

2 comments:

  1. I AM LIVING IT OVER AGAIN TOO.
    GOOFED UP LAST COMENT WILL PREVIEW FROM NOW ON.
    JUNE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see June on the horse. These excursions are what keep you ladies young.

    Pat Sherman

    ReplyDelete