Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Hodges Gardens

I called Dean Lambert as soon as I arrived in Many, La. and he invited me to stop by the police dept. to say 'hello'. 


Dean has been a loyal follower of the blog now since we met a year ago, he is a policeman and is also the cousin (2nd, twice removed) who gave me volumes of information on the Lambert genealogy.

He told me about this lovely garden park a few miles south of Many so I decided to spend a few hours exploring the area.

True to my reputation as 'Typhoon Toni', the rain followed but it only seemed to enhance the garden.

Dean and his wife, Amanda, invited me for a dinner of gumbo, boiled shrimp and 'death-by-chocolate' cake.  Oooh!  If you are going to find some long-lost cousins you can't do better than finding them in Louisiana. Dinner was wonderful.




 


At this moment I am working on the blog on a different computer and I cannot seem to make it do what I want.  That is not unusual for me--I seem to be glitch-prone and borderline computer illiterate.  But I am running way behind in postings so you readers out there will have to enlarge the photos for yourselves.  I know, it's a tough life.

No comments:

Post a Comment