Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Sculpture Garden

And there was one final garden visit before Don and I flew back to Leesburg.....
 
































If you have never visited the twin cities then I hope these pictures entice you to make it a goal someday.




 
Mary amidst the lavender...


and Mark is a terrific tour guide...

The flowers were stunning everywhere I looked....


Time for lunch?



The Bachelor Farmer Restaurant is one of the most popular in the cities and nearly impossible to get into for dinner--so we went for brunch and were seated immediately-- no problem at all.  We found a different menu of very Norwegian Gourmet (is that an oxymoron?) with amazing pastries, turnovers and some unusual 'salted strawberries'.  Fun and funky...I recommend it.

 

The Sculpture Garden was a great way to walk off the brunch....


I seldom see any modern art that makes me want to 'take it home' but I always enjoy most of it because it opens up my imagination and makes me want to try something on my own. This horse is an example.
At first I thought it was made of drift wood and old boards but a closer look revealed that the individual pieces were actually cast bronze.  Anyway, my yard back in Arizona is full of mesquite trees, bamboo and sahuaro cactus ribs just waiting for me to create a masterpiece...someday.


So 'Thank you' Mark and Mary, and all the nieces, nephews, and cousins  for a wonderful time and for all the wonderful memories. 
 
 Don made the trip home with very little stress but developed a bad cold about three days after getting back.  He is recuperating just fine with the help of his great caregiver, Kelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment