Thursday, September 28, 2017

Redding to Puckerbrush, Nv


It was such a relief to get out of the smoke of Oregon and Northern Calif.   


Daisy and I spent a lovely, quiet, smoke-free night in Lassen National Forest before heading on to Reno.


Susanville has a deer problem.



Something happens in the desert that loosens the imagination.  Between Susanville and Reno, when, in the middle of absolutely nowhere, I passed this lone tree.  Good thing I saw it because the scenery had become so static I was beginning to get sleepy.   


I did an abrupt turnaround.  What in the world?  A fungus? 


Shoes!  Lots and lots of shoes! 


Some of them were so high up in the tree I wondered at the acrobatics that it took to get them there.


I didn't see anything in my size.


 I did.


We may be shoeless but we will always have each other....


Soon after passing the 'shoe tree' I came upon this bus that was obviously used as a live aboard camper....


...and those are all bicycles!  Dozens and dozens of bicycles!
It was a few days later that I read that hundreds of bicycles had been deserted in the desert after the Burning Man Festival ended.  Whoever was in that bus was on his way to a new business.


Puckerbrush population...28 hardy people.... and one business.


 I spent the night.

2 comments:

  1. Mary amd I are having a good laugh over Puckerbrush, Nevada! She is staying with me while Terry is in Arizona on business. We have been having a nice time together. Jim came over in the evening and we watched MSNBC and a Star Trek episode. Warm and on the humid side here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could join the party. It's raining here.

    ReplyDelete