Friday, September 23, 2016

Ogunquit Art Museum, Camden



I went looking for this art museum because of some favorable comments on another blog.  The setting overlooking the ocean was as appealing as the artwork.


I am so sorry I failed to get all the names of the pieces or the names of the artists.  It was late in the day and I still needed to drive a ways so I rushed through here.  


Then later when I looked at the pictures I was sorry I had not planned more time.


The museum was started in 1953 by Henry Strater, an artist and the son of a wealthy snuff manufacturer.


"The Islander" by Jamie Wyeth


"Run" by Jamie Wyeth


"Glacial Erratic" by Eliza McFadden


"Hunker" by Tom Butler
This piece was very strange.  It was finely drawn in black ink and I had to get a nose length away to see if it was real hair or not.  Nope, it was a pen and ink drawing.


"Otters" by Cabot Lyford 




The gardens were beautiful as well.








No comments:

Post a Comment