Monday, March 10, 2014

Love, Heartache and saying 'Goodbye'



Music has been a wonderful friend, but also, an ongoing dilemma while I continue to travel.  The couple who rented my house also cared for my cockatiel while I was gone but now I am selling the house.  So what do I do with Music?  


It would be impossible to take him along so I had to make a "Sophie's Choice" and it was not easy.
I asked all my friends, and a few acquaintances, if they knew of someone who might want to adopt this charming fellow...


It was Jeff, the Air Conditioner Installer, who said he knew the perfect home for my Music....


Their names are Warner and Jean Wolff and they live quite close by.  If you readers recall, I posted sometime back, that I had inherited my two cats and the bird from a lovely, and now deceased, lady named Cotsy Engle. Cotsy's husband had been the mayor of the little community of Oro Valley, and Warner had been the police chief at the same time.  So they even knew Music's first family...quite well, it seems.


And they are bird lovers!


Even to the point that one of the Wolff's bedrooms is devoted entirely to their family of feathered friends.


The colorfully plumed chatterers all have their own cages that are kept open during the day, but the raucous residents return to their own individual cages at night.  And they each know their own cage as the only fights occur because someone decides to move into his neighbor's house.  


Clearly they are happy and well cared for and I feel Music will fit right in. 


The very next day after dropping Music at the Wolff's, my beloved Sigh Me decided to stop eating.



She climbed into her favorite cabinet and that is pretty much where she has lived for a week while the only food she has eaten has been force-fed to her.  We have been to the vet twice and she is also being forced to take a lot of medications but she is not responding.  The vet is thinking it is kidney failure and Sigh Me has a history of those problems so he is probably right.  I admit, I am devastated.  I cannot look at this regally beautiful pet that I don't tear-up.  She has been the most wonderful traveling companion, and I have never had a more devoted furry friend.  The prognosis is very bad indeed and I am heartbroken.

10 comments:

  1. Toni,
    I was thinking of you and Sigh Me all weekend. I am so sorry. I wish there were more that I could say.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni:I am so sorry to learn about Sigh Me's illness. But I am happy that your birdie has found such a nice home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni,
    As a fellow animal-lover, my heart is so sad for the pain you are feeling. I have greatly enjoyed reading of the travels you have taken with Sigh Me. (((Hugs)))
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Sigh Me.I'm so sorry to hear about this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about Sigh Me. Losing a pet is so hard. I am happy that Music has found such a good home. It's very difficult to place a bird, they're such individuals, it's hard to find a good fit. Stout heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about Sigh Me. She is the perfect travel companion.
    It looks like Music will have many cousins to hang out with.
    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toni, so sorry to hear about your beloved Sigh Me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toni,
    I have been in your shoes just a few short years ago when I lost my kitty, Oreo, to kidney failure so I know what you are going through. You and Sigh Me will be in my thoughts and prayers through this difficult time. Love you, Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toni, I am sorry Sigh Me is still so sick but I have a good progress report on Music. He has turned out to be a very sociable bird and really likes the other birds. Today he moved into the big bird room and a larger cage. He is now in the big black cage in the window corner that is pictured in your blog on him. He LOVES cooked grains and today he ate some fresh kale, too. Excellent. He talks softly to us when we stop by to visit with him, too. So I hope things get better with kitty person but don't worry about Music.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jean, Thank you so much for the report and the wonderful care you are giving to Music. I think he will be so very happy with your feathered family. I am especially pleased you have found something else he likes to eat. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete