Sunday, March 16, 2014

House for Sale

 

Just because I know that you out there are waiting to hear the latest on Sigh Me...
As you can see, she is greatly improved, though it may be only a respite.  She is spending a great deal of time sitting in my lap or on the back of the recliner gazing out the window.  Her doctor says she may be around for some time to come because she is a fighter but her life is fragile.  So I am appreciating every day and spoiling her rotten.  And I truly appreciate the concern and well-wishes from friends, family and loyal followers of this blog.  All those good vibes have surely helped.


Now for my lovely home.  Finally, everything is clean, painted and ready for some fortunate new family to move into this pueblo-style hacienda.


The entryway is quite dramatic...


And opens into a living room area. (Note, there are only two square rooms in the whole house.


The floors are Saltillo tile and the walls are all freshly painted.  Oops, the photographer got herself in the picture.


The hallway leads to four bedrooms and two baths.  That is a mirror at the end of the hall and that photographer managed to get herself in another picture. (what an ego)


Off the living room is the country-style dining room complete with....


a beehive fireplace that burns both wood and gas logs.
I have used the fireplace all winter and have not had to purchase wood in the 13 years I've been in the house.  The trees in the yard have supplied enough wood to keep me warm and cozy.
The kitchen has the open pantry there on the right that I truly love.  I enjoy cooking and I have discovered that the open pantry makes cooking much easier--everything I need is right in front of me.  



And the kitchen is easy to work in and easy to keep orderly.   The door opens to a two-car garage, laundry area and a catch-all pantry area.


Off the entryway is what was meant to be the living room but I have used it for a library and game room.  Right now most of my books, furniture and paintings are in a storage room so everything looks a little bare.  (please notice that crazy cactus outside the front window)


But this room made a good library.

                                                                      Guest Room #1
 I am only occupying one of the bedrooms because I am determined not to start unpacking all that stuff I have stored.  

Guest room #2
Besides, I would just have to clean and dust them. 

                                                                    Guest Room #3
                               All the bedrooms and the dining room have ceiling fans.
 

Master Bedroom
This room is so large that I was able to have a sitting area around the bay windows with enough room for a king-sized bed and several chest of drawers in the other half of the room.  There is a large walk in closet and a master bath complete with separate shower and a garden bathtub.  The door  in the picture above opens to the covered porch and backyard.


These windows have the wooden shades. (all the rest of the windows have blinds or drapes and screens) The yard is a favorite hangout for dozens of types of birds.  Regularly I have quail (baby quail in the spring), a hawk, 3 different kinds of woodpeckers, finches, hummingbirds, robins, blue jays and doves. I have also seen a coatimundi in the yard. (look it up) 

 

The following pictures are of the backyard...


This is the tangerine tree.  There are also an orange tree, a lemon, a pear, and a lime tree.


Plus lots of room for more trees.



For several years I had a vegetable garden with beans, and peppers, and squash, and even corn.


And all around the porch I had an herb garden that is gone now due to neglect.   From the back porch I can see mountains, desert and city lights at night.  I have a telescope and the back yard is great for stargazing.

Particulars:  Included is an automatic watering system, a brand new air conditioner/heater, and with the house comes a refrigerator, stove, dishwasher,  disposal, washer and dryer plus all the flower pots (both inside and outside) with plants growing in them, and a large composter.  
The house is on the largest lot in a very nice subdivision in northwest Tucson.  It is four blocks to Ironwood School (one of the best grammar schools in the city), less than 1 mile to the high school, 1/2 mile to Arthur Pack Golf course, and just blocks to two small shopping centers with drugstore and grocery stores.  

The real estate agent is Mark Schneider, Tel: 520-318-5290

I have loved this house and if it were not so large I would continue to come back to it each winter for as long as I continue to travel.  But I want to travel and I cannot serve two masters.  Hopefully someone will come along that appreciates the house and will enjoy it as much as I have.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the update Toni. Your home is lovely- I hope someone snaps it right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is lovely! I'm sure that it will sell fast.

    It so easy to get used to a small space. We'd be more that comfortable living in just the dining room and kitchen :-D Good luck with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your house sells right away and becomes a happy home for a family with kids and pets. And all the best to Sigh Me!

    ReplyDelete