Saturday, March 1, 2014

Almost There

I thought it was about time to check in and see if any of my readers are still around.


It has been a very long and arduous two months but I am still holding on and can see the end in sight.

 

The yard work has been a major slog. 


Two years without weeding or a good pruning and…


…even though it is the desert, everything gets unkempt and overgrown.


This giant is ridiculous..in the last twelve years it has frozen almost to the ground twice but each time it comes back with a vengeance.  Yep, even cactus need pruning.  The good thing is that this one is thornless.


But not this one...


Or this one.


And this is the one that got me.  I decided to prune it while wearing flip flops.  When one of those arms came down on my left big toe, well, I may have said a few bad words. 


Abandoning the cactus I hobbled to the backyard and decided to repot a small ficus tree that had become root bound in the pot shown here.  I tried to remove the tree from the pot by lifting the plant by its trunk but the pot came up also--only to give way when it got about 18 inches from the floor, coming down squarely onto my right big toe.  Hmm, How to swear like a sailor in two easy lessons.


Sigh Me continues to do her job of keeping my chair warm should I get a minute to sit in it.  She is totally unperturbed by the continuous stream of men clanging and banging all around her.   


And here are my heroes…Carpenter-plumber,  Rocco (in the center) with his crew,


Jeff who is installing the new air conditioner…


and painters, Carlos and Tony.  They are all the best.


The weather has been beautiful with seventy and eighty degree days, and finally, today we have some rain.  

 Everything is starting to bloom, and I am ready for a rest.  If all goes well this week then I expect the house to be listed by next weekend--only one week beyond my target date.  Please stay tuned.

3 comments:

  1. I'm tired just reading about the work you're doing! You need to get into the RV and hit the road to get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so awesome, as the younguns say! A bit hard to leave your beautiful place, isn't it?
    Anyway, try not to break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still here! Waiting to see what happens next.

    ReplyDelete