Thursday, June 5, 2014

Goodbye Norway

Ron here. The last post from Norway.

After spending the night at Asborg and Palmer's house in Guapne, I had to drive back to Bergen to catch my flight back to England and back to work. This trip was way to short.

I had to cross the Sogneforjd in a ferry again. It was very nice. I got to watch the sun come up over the eastern mountains and light up the fjord. It was breath takingly beautiful.


The drive to Bergen was about 5 hours. About a third of drive was underground, through tunnels. The tunnels all over Norway are amazing. One was over 15 miles long! At a couple of points in this tunnel it opens up as cave, and it is light up like you are in the middle of a glacier.


I am going to finish with this picture. I love it. I took on Asborg and Palmer's front porch on Easter morning. It is looking over the town of Gaupne, with the fjord behind it. I think it is nice way to end this trip.
Norway!


2 comments:

  1. It looks so beautiful. Very dramatic but peaceful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the tunnel goes from rock to ice....wow

    dean

    ReplyDelete