Sunday, December 30, 2012

Winter Solstice, Festivus & End of the World Party

Last year at this time I was sitting, by myself, in the heart of the Everglades celebrating the holidays with the alligators and mosquitoes.  This year I am in Tucson with the following wild party animals....


Nancy


Don, read his 'burning book' that predicts the end of the world.



Various wild specimens--waiting for the end of the world...or perhaps feeding time.



How many parties have a robotic whale that sails around on the ceiling during Karaoke?



Floating over the Festivus Pole.



If you look closely at the lamp in the window you will note that it is a lady's leg lamp.  The shirt Don is wearing says, "Oh, Fudge" and his all-time favorite Christmas gift is the Red Ryder Air Rifle. I wonder what his favorite Christmas movie is.



We had a beautiful rendition of "Mack the Knife".



David made a great Santa

 
And Lars wore the best holiday shirt.
I drove the RV to the party and parked in front of Don's house.  When I felt sure the world was going to survive--at least for the foreseeable future--then I went to sleep in my RV.  What a great way to go to a party, why didn't I think of it years ago?

4 comments:

  1. "Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man."


    dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Fudge Shirt and burning book

    Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dean, It sounds like your dad would have fit right in at this party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know. That's a pretty tough looking bunch!
    Happy New Year--
    Marianna (aka Hattie)

    ReplyDelete