Monday, July 30, 2018

Disaster missed by a mile

Jo is in Oregon with her sons while the Carr Wild Fire rages on around her house.  But the latest news is that the fire is headed away from her street.  It looks like she is going to be one of the lucky ones--knock on wood.

I am spending the next three days at the bottom of Palo Duro Canyon near Amarillo and out of range of wifi and phone.  If I don't re-emerge within the next 72 hours, send a search party.

Sister Mary and her husband, Jim will be joining me tomorrow for one night before I turn toward Santa Fe and they head on to Colorado. They are escaping the fallout from the volcano for a little while.  It is scary to me how so many of the recent natural disasters have touched friends or members of my family.  But, luckily all have survived.




No comments:

Post a Comment